Saturday, 21 April 2012

New Bedroom

Hello again :) The last 4 weeks, I've been having my bedroom redecorated and I've also been documenting the process each week too. It took ages as the decorator basically works for my mums business too, so aswell as decorating my room he was also doing decorating for my mums offices at the same time! Was a little frustrating - everything in my bedroom had to be dismantled and put in the garage, except for bare essentials and my mattress. During the first week, they were mainly stripping the wallpaper...and i was on a mattress in the corner of the room for a week D; -->
Horrible indeed! I mentioned this on my facebook, but my room seems to suffer with condensation and humidity which caused a big mould patch to grow in this corner:
However the wallpaper was removed along with the ceiling wallpaper too. It was the original wallpaper that had been in the room for approximately 20 or more years, and APPARENTLY had asbestos in it :/ i was NOT happy about this, but just so glad to be rid of it. The decorators said it was very small ammounts, so not really harmful to anyone living in the room or anything like that, but still gross. So they decided to paste over the ceiling to smooth out the original bumpy texture (and the asbestos)
They then wallpapered over the walls, and painted them in the baby pink colour I had chosen. Originally it had been more or less the same shade of pink, but the wallpapers were disgusting and starting to peel off :( So a nice fresh set of wallpaper <3
Then the ceiling was painted in white! Along with the radiator too. By this point, i was downstairs on a mattress in the living room for 3 weeks D;
Then the bit i was most looking forward to, was having the old carpet removed. It was a really grotty blue carpet, which i'd had since i was a little girl and i'd insisted on having a Little Mermaid themed bedroom >.< However it was filthy and old, had lots of ink stains, hair dye stains, cat wee :( etc all over it. So it was wonderful to finally get rid of it.
We ordered a nice medium pink carpet to replace the old blue one. It looked lovely when it was put in ! My mum wasnt too sure about it at first, but once it was put in she decided it really suited the room, and the the colour shades add a really warm, positive glow to the room, which was great as the room is quite shadowy anyway!
 Now this is the bit i was dreading/wanting the most. Obviously i wanted to get back into my room as i was fed up of living in the living room, but at the same time, i had so much stuff to put back into my room >.< back-breaking much... Well eventually we did it. Took about 3 hours to get everything put back together but here it is:
Nyaa pretty :) I'm so pleased with it. I've been waiting ages for my new carpet and wallpaper, about a year in fact..last year however i got a new bed and tv which was nice :)
My room is almost complete, however the following things still need to be done:
  • get a big wall mirror
  •  get a new bin
  • have a big tidy out over summer
 
anyway hope you like it ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com