Tuesday, 8 May 2012

art competition

Just a small post, but quite important in some ways ^^ As you may know, my university are holding an exhibition to display all the work we have been developing for a final project, which I'm really looking forward to. Alot of press are invited including Saatchi&Saatchi, and in previous years work has been bought and photographed etc. Well anyway my university wanted everyone to submit their best work to be considered for the front cover of the tickets and leaflet for the exhibition which will go out to everyone who is invited/will attend the exhibition. I decided I really wanted to have a go at it, so I selected my favourite pieces and sent them off -->
I mostly chose illustration based stuff, as this is what I'm interested in. Some really amazing work got submitted, my friend sent off an amazingggg fish eye photo which I really love D; In a way I kind of forgot about the competition for a while as I was busy with getting my project finished, and I kind of thought that i didnt stand a chance, and that someone in fashion or 3d class would win. However during a lecture I had a few weeks ago one of the lecturers announced that I had won >.< I was really embarrassed and a little surprised, but really happy at the same time! Although they didn't choose any of my illustration pieces, but instead they chose a collage I made-->
A bit weird huh? :/ Its definitely not my favourite piece of work, nor a piece I'm entirely happy to be associated with however I can't complain, I actually won something for once! I've seen the leaflet design which is being printed up at the moment, so when i get  hold of a real copy of it I'll have to post about it..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com