Monday, 21 May 2012

UCA exhibition

So I had my end of year exhibition! Finally. The entire course had been building up to this...can't really believe its over. Well, it took place at Chatham dockyard on friday the 18th  of may, in a really awesome building that the exhibition takes place in every year...

Its an old ship-building warehouse, with really good design and lighting :) So the evening started at 4pm, with a private 1.30hr exhibition for press to come and take photos. Then the rest of the students and their families were allowed to come view at 6pm-8pm. It was quite exciting seeing people holding the ticket/leaflet with my collage design on it :)
I took photos of my favourite pieces i saw around the exhibition....
This was quite interesting, it was from the visual communication class, and was a mix of 3d and really awesome designs on the wall...
Oh and this is one of my favourites! A good friend of mine, Alfie, makes collages and dresses based on his illustrations/doodling over imagery of kawaii objects and models from Kera magazine, particuarly Amo :) I loveee the dress he made!
These cute little monsters known as 'bill' really caught my eye :)
This piece was drawn onto the exhibition wall itself, i have no idea who did it but i thought it was a really good wall illustration piece.
Another really amazing illustration...I don't know the guy who made this personally, but hes someone i've seen around uni alot...i was surprised at how good he was at drawing!
A piece from the 3D class....so simple but really nice to look at....i wonder how they made it..it looks rather complex...
The girl who made this sat behind me in my fine art class, and i believe she is also going to the same uni to study the same course as me! She had really good illustrations, and her final piece was based on Mexican street shrines with a gothic, edgy vibe to it....
Another guy in my class, made some really good people portraits in a really unique style...
This section features two people in my class again...the one on the right, a good friend of mine Jack, whos work was based on lots of personal levels and looked at alter egos, he got realllyyy into his project! It was quite interesting to watch :) The guy on the left, is a guy called George who I've only spoken to a few times, but did some really awesome paintings.
 
Some more of Georges paintings! I believe he is also going to Camberwell, but will be studying painting, so i'll probably see him around the building from time to time. Will be interesting to see what work he does next.
This is yet anotherrrr guy in my class known as Ben, whom has quite a habit of making extravagent work! His final piece lived up to his reputation! :)
There wasnt a huge ammount of photography there, but I really LOVE ninas fish eye photography...
This was some realllyy good illustration. I never got the name of the person who made it, but he was in my class and I hardly ever saw him, he was rather quiet, but had really amazing talent.
My friend Gurjit made these stunning paintings...they're so lovely, even my parents were like saying they were some of the best paintings in the whole exhibition :)
And then another piece from the 3d class... ;)
Last, but hopefully not least, time to show you my work! I got a call one morning from the teachers the day before the exhibition asking me how i wanted it to be set up...i told them it was up to them as they'd probably do a good job of it...and when i got there i felt very happy with it :) Please excuse the photo my mum took of me!
I look silly >.< I was cringing slightly as the photo was taken as everyone was staring at me posing in front of it :/ They chose a really nice selection of my work and arranged it exactly as i wanted it (in my head that is ). They also were kind enough to give me a really nice, large place to put my work!
 
all my envelope drawings/paintings alongside my larger canvas paintings...i was really worried about how they'd look, but i felt really pleased :)
I felt like the teachers were quite pleased with it too as they spent the majority of the exhibition standing next to it! I was so happy! Well anyway the exhibition is open til this wednesday coming up...then I have to take it all down, and collect my results on thursday...heres hoping i get a merit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com