Monday, 15 July 2013

A week in Suffolk

So it finally warmed up for Summer to a pleasant 28C-30C, just in time for my holiday! I was invited to a lovely farm cottage in Suffolk for the week to stay with my boyfriend's family. It was in the middle of nowhere (but a very pretty nowhere at that!), however we were about 25 minutes from Lowestoft so we had a decent beach town to drive to.

 As I mentioned, the cottage was lovely as was the surrounding area. Lots of fields and prettiness. We saw a lot of pink houses and thatched roof buildings which we both made a few comments on :) So anyway - Fraser and I took the opportunity to go out every day to different places, starting with a Petting Zoo! We both love animals so this was rather nice :) we got to spend a few hours with cute farm animals...


 
 Apart from cute animals we went to visit this crazy metal beast :O
Hot weather + Theme Park! Woo :) Fraser doesn't really have alot of experiences of theme parks, so I thought I'd encourage him onto the scary rides...somehow he enjoyed it! I also treated him to a keyring with a photo of our fearful faces on this particular ride...so he can't forget haha. But anyway for someone with little roller coaster experience he enjoyed the ride more than I did, which surprised me.
We spent a lot of late afternoons and evenings in the pub. I brought my moleskine journal with me and drew the faces and sights whilst Fraser enjoyed a few pints and the odd mixed grill too :) We ate some pretty good pub food...
Then we went to Africa Alive - a big Zoo with a pretty awesome Lemur enclosure. This was one of our favourite days - getting up close and personal with some very friendly Lemurs.
 
And a few more cute friendly goats ;) I'm a bit of a sucker for these cute little guys...
Aside from the local towns we took a day out to drive to Great Yarmouth, where we spent most of the day on the beach front enjoying the arcades and the piers, as well as a little walk around 'Yesterdays World' with tea and cake! We even got a free ride on a carousel...
Which of course I managed to convince a slightly sheepish Fraser on to! I even got called a thrill seeker....
 
Ahh I haven't had this much fun in years :') I'm really happy at the moment, so please excuse the constant smiling and such. I'll be honest I'm really sad the holiday is over though :(
Time to book the next little trip....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com