Sunday, 20 November 2016

Icelandic Prints

It's been a really long time since I posted, simply because I have been crazy busy with my new job. Having graduated finally from university I am teaching full time! When I've had an evening or two free however I have been working on my portfolio. I am hoping that over the next 12-24 months I should have a portfolio ready to approach an agency with so that I can work freelance alongside teaching.
So over the summer I went on a trip to Reykjavik, Iceland which inspired me to design a small range of greeting cards.
"Hello!" - based on the famous Geysir.
 
"Sending my warmest wishes" - a wintery warm Christmas card. Iceland is well known for its lovely knitted jumpers.
 
"Once I caught a fish alive" - inspired by the 'cod wars' of old.
 
I've had 2 out of 3 designs printed up by Moo in London. The envelopes are varying in colour being red and brown paper rather than white. The cards themselves are printed on lovely matte paper.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com